Tourist Visa Requirements
I. Original and Valid Passport of Visa applicant
- Valid passport issued less than 10 years ago
- Valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of departure from France
- Contains at least 2 blank “Visa” pages
- Any old passports along with copies of previous Visas should be presented
II. Passport Size Photographs (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Coloured passport size photographs taken on white plain background
- Should be glued to the Visa Application Form
- Should show all the facial characteristics of the applicant
- Should not be older than 3 months
III. Schengen Visa Application Form
- Visa Application Form contains 37 columns which should be filled with care
- Last column for declaration should be filled by the applicant himself or the guardian along with the signatures
IV. British Residence Permit
- British Residence Permit should be presented
- Can be either stamped in the passport or in the form of biometric card
- Original as well as a copy
- The validity of the British Residence Permit should exceed the requested Visa by 3 months
V. Travel Itinerary
- Should cover the entire period of stay in France and other countries of Schengen Zone.
- Should state the dates of travel and places of stay
VI. Documents of Marriage:
- A letter from Spouse’s employer - The letter should be less than 3 months old from the application and should specify the starting date of employment undertaken, position in the company (designation) along with the salary rates of the applicant.
- Last 3 months’ Pay Slips of Spouse
- Spouse’s Valid Passport
- Civil Marriage Certificate – The Civil Marriage Certificate should be translated into English or French (if applicable) and should also be certified by the relevant embassy.
- Official translation of the Marriage Certificate
VII. Travel Insurance
- The Travel insurance should be:
- Valid for the countries in the Schengen Zone
- Valid for DROM/CTOM as per your itinerary.
- Minimum Insurance cover should be of EUR 30,000 (should cover medical fees and repatriation costs)
- The insurance should cover the entire period of stay in the Schengen Zone(If the purpose of travel is winter sports, medical insurance should be valid for those activities as well)
VIII. Travel Documents
- Provide for confirmed return tickets to France if travelling by flight, ferry, train or bus or
- Booking (should be fully paid) from the travel agent of the application
- France Schengen Visa Application should be accompanied with rental agreement (if applicable) or confirmed hotel bookings
- Confirmed hotel bookings should state applicant’s name, hotel’s address, contact details and intended dates of stay for the applicant
- “Attestation accursed” must be provided by the sponsor if the stay of applicant is sponsored by the resident of France (in case of family visit) for the entire stay. It can be obtained either from Town Hall or Police Station in France.
X. Financial Requirements
- Proof of Sufficient personal means of subsistence is required to be furnished to substantiate the fact that the applicant can support his/her stay in France.
- Last 3 months UK Bank Statements (Current Bank Account in UK) or
- Travelers’ Cheque (In Euros) or
- Scholarship Certificate stating the amount and duration