The applicant's valid original passport: A valid passport with 2 blank pages which should not expire within 3 months of your expected return date from the Schengen territory. The applicant's UK residency permit must be included in the passport or on the new bio metric card. If any visa stamp is there in Passport then applicant's has to provide both old and new passports.
Passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm): 2 color Photographs with white or pale grey background. It should not be older than 1 month and you should not wear any glasses or head coverings.
The Schengen Visa application form: Visa Application Form contains 37 column and in the last declaration column to be filled by applicant/guardian with his/her signatures.
University / College Letter: A letter from your University / College is required, confirming your attendance, course of study, expected graduation date and holiday period. The letter should not be older than 30 days before the date of your visa application.
Travel Insurance: Travel insurance should cover the period of your intended stay in the Schengen area. Insurance cover provided by your bank, as part of your account with them, should be confirmed on the bank's original letterhead and should not be older than 30 days before the date of your application. Travel insurance taken out at the Post Office should be accompanied by the original receipt, as well as the policy brochure.
- At the time of travelling by flight, train or bus, you have to carry your proof of your tickets. Internet printouts and e-tickets are acceptable.
- At the time of travelling by a car, you have to carry your registration certificate, car insurance, driving license, M.O.T and ferry or Euro tunnel freight booking. If the applicant is not the driver of the car, but accompanying as a passenger, then all the above-mentioned documents of the driver should be provided. The driver should also provide a letter confirming the applicant will be accompanying him / her in the passenger seat.
- Confirmation of the applicant's hostel / hotel booking, received either as a fax or email, stating the applicant's name, dates of intended stay, and the address and contact details of the hostel / hotel.
- If applicant’s accommodation is sponsored by a French resident (family or friends), an original 'Attestation accursed' must be provided by the inviting party in France. This can be obtained from the local Town Hall or Police Station in France.
- Original one month bank statement, showing the applicant's name and address, and with a balance of at least £55.00 per person / per day for each intended day of stay in France. The bank statement should not be older than 30 days from the date of your application. In the event of the bank statement being older than 30 days, a printout of the same bank account showing an up-to-date balance can be provided. If the applicant's name does not appear on the statement, the bank should put their official stamp on it as confirmation.
- If the applicant is unable to submit a bank statement, he / she should provide EURO travelers choose to the value of £60.00 per person/per day for each intended day of stay in France.