Tourist Visa Requirements
I. Original and Valid Passport of Visa applicant
- Valid passport issued less than 10 years ago
- Valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of departure from France
- Contains at least 2 blank “Visa” pages
- Any old passports along with copies of previous Visas should be presented
II. Passport Size Photographs (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Coloured passport size photographs taken on white plain background
- Should be glued to the Visa Application Form
- Should show all the facial characteristics of the applicant
- Should not be older than 3 months
III. Schengen Visa Application Form
- Visa Application Form contains 37 columns which should be filled with care
- Last column for declaration should be filled by the applicant himself or the guardian along with the signatures
IV. British Residence Permit
- British Residence Permit should be presented
- Can be either stamped in the passport or in the form of biometric card
- Original as well as a copy
- The validity of the British Residence Permit should exceed the requested Visa by 3 months
V. Travel Itinerary
- Should cover the entire period of stay in France and other countries of Schengen Zone.
- Should state the dates of travel and places of stay
VI. Documents to be presented in Original :
- Proof of Guardianship (If the applicant is under the age of 18 and is travelling with a third person, then an official document to this effect and signed by both the parents stating the said authorization has to be presented along with the copy of passport of guardian.)
- Authorization Form (Each of the parents who are not travelling with the child under the age of 18 should provide the Authorization Form in favour of the person, who is travelling with the minor, in order to confer the parental rights to person who would be responsible for the child during the stay in France)
VII. Documents to be presented in Original and Copy:
- Birth Certificate stating the names of both the parents.
- Official Translation of the birth certificate –if applicable
- Certified Copies of passports of the parents whose names were stated on the Birth Certificate
- Court Decision (In case of sole custody) - If one parent holds the custody of child who is under the age of 18, then official decision of the justice in this regard shall be produced.
- Official up-to-date letter from the British social services, authorizing the travel to France if the child is under 18 and fostered or under the process of adoption. The letter should provide the details like name of the child who is under 18, full name of the carer, duration and address of stay in France.
- Valid passport of the Guardian- In case the child is under the age of 18 and fostered or under the process of adoption.
VIII. Documents of Education:
- Letter (Original) from the school, college or university in UK
[Less than 3 months up-to-date letter from the school, college or university in UK, stating the type of studies or course undertaken by the applicant, details of the course attendance record and holiday dates as well.]
IX. Travel Insurance
- The Travel insurance should be:
- Valid for the countries in the Schengen Zone
- Valid for DROM/CTOM as per your itinerary.
- Minimum Insurance cover should be of EUR 30,000 (should cover medical fees and repatriation costs)
- The insurance should cover the entire period of stay in the Schengen Zone(If the purpose of travel is winter sports, medical insurance should be valid for those activities as well)
X. Travel Documents
- Provide for confirmed return tickets to France if travelling by flight, ferry, train or bus or
- Booking (should be fully paid) from the travel agent of the application
- France Schengen Visa Application should be accompanied with rental agreement (if applicable) or confirmed hotel bookings
- Confirmed hotel bookings should state applicant’s name, hotel’s address, contact details and intended dates of stay for the applicant
- “Attestation accursed” must be provided by the sponsor if the stay of applicant is sponsored by the resident of France (in case of family visit) for the entire stay. It can be obtained either from Town Hall or Police Station in France.
XII. Financial Requirements
- Proof of Sufficient personal means of subsistence is required to be furnished to substantiate the fact that the applicant can support his/her stay in France.
- Last 3 months UK Bank Statements (Current Bank Account in UK) or
- Travelers’ Cheque (In Euros) or
- Scholarship Certificate stating the amount and duration